30 Weeks in Ottawa and Arnprior
About this Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate Program with co-op
Stand OUT! You will stand out from all the other Personal Support Worker (PSW) graduates with 7 additional industry certifications and certificates in your program that employers demand in the workplace.
Get HIRED! Be more attractive in the job market when you can save employers hundreds of dollars!
The Personal Support Worker program offers a fast-track, hands-on skills training program with 2-3 practicums guaranteed which can often lead to employment in Ottawa, and Arnprior. You can become a qualified Personal Support Worker and enter the in-demand healthcare field in only 30 weeks.
- Willis College Personal Support Worker Certificate
- National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) PSW Certificate Pin
- 7 Additional Industry Certifications & Certificates which employers demand
- National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) approved curriculum
- Classrooms and labs that simulate real-world healthcare settings, including hospital beds, wheelchairs, lifts, and other required equipment
- Co-op: 10 weeks of 2-3 Clinical work placements in community & long-term care facilities
Personal assistance for job placement
Is the Personal Support Worker Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- someone who is caring, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about helping others.
- a mature student who has previous job experience, looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant in today’s job market.
- a recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand health field.
- someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in healthcare.
- someone interested in fast-tracked, hands-on PSW courses.
- The Co-op Advantage: 10 weeks
- On the job experience before even you graduate
- Great networking opportunities for potential hiring after graduation
- Practical Personal Support Worker skills training and development
- Work with real clients
- Potential job references to add to your resume
- Smooth transition into the job market
Willis College will find you a co-op* in this program
- Many co-op placements lead to employment – some graduates get two job offers during their co-op terms
*providing you have met all academic and financial obligations four (4) weeks prior to commencement of placement
Personal Support Worker Career Opportunities
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Personal Support Worker
- Healthcare Aide
- Personal Aide
- Long Term Care Aide
- Patient Care Aide
- Patient Service Associate
- Personal Care Attendant – medical
- Resident Care Aide – medical
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for this Program: 3413
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees
- Grade 12 (Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing an entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
able to pass a clear police check including a clear Vulnerable Sector check; a clear medical certificate indicating current immunization and free from communicable diseases; demonstrated fluency in English; completion of a Student Questionnaire to determine suitability for a career as a Personal Support Worker.
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities as a Healthcare worker and to explore if this is the right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
“When I first walked into Willis, I didn’t know what to expect. It was a small college and I was used to big schools. However, all it took was that first day to realize that Willis was the place for me!…It wasn’t just school, it was a place to grow and have A LOT of fun doing it! I have graduated from Willis College at the top of my class with Distinction and I had a job in the PSW field before I even finished! None of that would have been possible if not for Willis and the amazing staff there! So thank you Willis, I couldn’t have asked for more, you made my dream come true. ”
~Chelsea LaForce-Syme, Personal Support Worker
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.