Become a Dental Assistant
Upcoming Start Dates
Become a Dental Assistant
The Dental Assistant Level I & II diploma program is both comprehensive and intensive. Upon graduation, the student will possess the knowledge and skills to participate fully in the dental office through a broad range of clinical and laboratory skills. In their assisting role with a dentist, Dental Assistants may prepare the treatment rooms, prepare dental materials, assist with the suction apparatus, transfer dental instruments, expose and process radiographic images as well as disinfect and sterilize.
The Dental Assistant, also known as the Intra Oral Dental Assistant (Level II), will work both independently and as a valued member of the dental team. Our Dental Assistant Level I & II program will prepare the student to perform direct patient care under the direction of the dentist.
Our Dental Assistant graduates are sought after by dental offices. Graduates can receive more than one job offer even before completing the program. Successful graduates pursue rewarding professions such as:
- Chairside Dental Assistant
- Intraoral Dental Assistant
- Dental Receptionist
- Dental Treatment Coordinator
- Dental Educator (With Further Training)
Average Wage ($/hr): $22.00
High Wage ($/hr): $30.00
National Occupation Classification (NOC) for this program: 3411
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who wants to work in the field of dental health.
- A person looking for an in-demand career helping people.
- An individual who is looking for a career with a variety of tasks.
Why choose the Dental Assistant Level I & II program?
- Become job-ready in less than a year.
- Gain on-the-job skills through a practicum that will look fantastic on your resume!
- Lifetime support of career services!
Save time & money
- Finish most programs and become job-ready in less than a year!
- Get the skills you need to get hired with programs that cut the extras and give you the skills you need to get hired.
- With career support for life with Willis College, our experts will help find you employment no matter how long ago you graduated
- You don't need three to four years of school to enter the workforce with the skills to start a great paying career!
- Learn online with instructor-led programs that will prepare you for the career of your dreams.
- On-Campus program availability is also an option for select programs in Winnipeg and Ottawa.
- Start school NOW with most program intakes happening every six weeks (no need to wait!)
- No waiting lists, even in our most-popular programs. We'll get you the job training you need to start your career ASAP.
- Our programs are programs aligned with real-world, in-demand occupations. We wil get you job-ready!
- Most Willis College programs include practicum experience so you can hit the job search running with a great education AND experience.
- Willis College has 150 years of skills training excellence.
- We have real relationships with employers who are waiting to hire qualified Willis College graduates!