Become a Dental Assistant
Upcoming Start Dates
Become a Dental Assistant
As a student in the Dental Assisting (Distance) program, you will learn to assist the dentist in all dental procedures performed in a general dental practice. You will also learn to administer individualized patient education and treatment as outlined under the scope of practice for dental assistants practicing in Ontario. Successful completion of the program’s online, clinical, and work term components will qualify the student to receive their Willis College diploma. Students will also be required to write and successfully pass the National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB) Examination.
Are you looking to host a student?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Anyone who is looking to upgrade their skills and become a licensed dental assistant.
- Someone is a people person and has great customer service skills.
- A person looking for a fast-paced and exciting career.
Why choose the Dental Assistant (Distance) Level I & II program?
- A combination of online and in-class learning.
- Upgrade your skills and gain new opportunities if you already work in a dental office!
- Lifetime support of career services!
Save time & money
- Finish most programs and become job-ready in less than a year!
- Get the skills you need to get hired with programs that cut the extras and give you the skills you need to get hired.
- With career support for life with Willis College, our experts will help find you employment no matter how long ago you graduated
- You don't need three to four years of school to enter the workforce with the skills to start a great paying career!
- Learn online with instructor-led programs that will prepare you for the career of your dreams.
- On-Campus program availability is also an option for select programs in Winnipeg, Ottawa, and Arnprior.
- Start school NOW with most program intakes happening every six weeks (no need to wait!)
- No waiting lists, even in our most-popular programs. We'll get you the job training you need to start your career ASAP.
- Our programs are programs aligned with real-world, in-demand occupations. We wil get you job-ready!
- Most Willis College programs include practicum experience so you can hit the job search running with a great education AND experience.
- Willis College has 150 years of skills training excellence.
- We have real relationships with employers who are waiting to hire qualified Willis College graduates!
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Chairside Dental Assistant
- Intraoral Dental Assistant
- Dental Receptionist
- Dental Treatment Coordinator
- Dental Educator (With Further Training)
Average Wage ($/hr): $22.00
High Wage ($/hr): $30.00
National Occupation Classification (NOC) for this program: 3411