42 Weeks in Ottawa, Smiths Falls, and Arnprior
About this Medical Office Administrator Diploma Program
Willis College’s Medical Office Administrator with Ward Clerk Specialist – co-op diploma program provides you with a broad foundation of the professional medical environment. This foundation helps develop proficiencies appropriate for a wide range of healthcare careers, including hospital administration and medical office administration. With hands-on hospital administration, medical administration, medical office assistant, and medical billing courses in Ottawa, Arnprior, and Smiths Falls, this program is perfect if you want to fast-track yourself to a job in healthcare.
Medical and Hospital Administration Skills Training
Willis College is one of the only institutions where you will earn a Ward Clerk Specialist in the Medical Office Administrator diploma, which is needed to work in a hospital administration environment. Strong focus is given to Healthcare Terminology, Medical Office Procedures and Software, Health Office Billing & Transcription, Accounting Fundamentals, Records Management, as well as Microsoft Office Applications that are used in today’s offices. Get hands-on skills in hospital administration, medical administration, and medical billing fast with Willis College’s Medical Office Administrator with Ward Clerk Specialist program.
Is this Medical Administration Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- someone who is caring, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about helping others.
- a mature student who has previous job experience, looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant in today’s job market.
- a recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand health field.
- someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in healthcare.
- anyone interested in practical training through hospital administration, medical administration, medical office assistant and medical billing courses.
Medical Administration Course List
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Communications I, II, & III
- Healthcare Office Procedures
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Healthcare Office Billing
- Healthcare Office Transcripts
- Medical Law & Ethics
- Healthcare Records Management
- Anatomy & Body Systems
- Clinical Pathology
- Healthcare Terminology
- Pharmacology for Healthcare Office
- Understanding Diagnostic & Laboratory Tests
- Healthcare Software
- CPR & First Aid, Level C
- 4 week co-op
The Co-op Advantage: 4 weeks
- On the job experience even before you graduate
- Great networking opportunities for potential hiring after graduation
- Practical skills training and development
- Work with real clients
- Potential job references to add to your resume
- Smooth transition into the job market
- Willis College will find you a co-op* in this program
*providing you have met all academic and financial obligations 4 weeks prior to commencement of placement
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- You receive laptops, software, and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
- Grade 12 (Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Healthcare and to explore if this is the right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid, and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
“All staff members at Willis College give 110% to help you achieve your goals and live up to your full potential. On top of the everyday support within school hours, I was also given the perfect opportunity to gain experience in my field through a co-op placement, which turned into a full-time job as soon as my program ended. So after a lot of hard work, determination, and encouragement from staff and students, I left Willis College with a new-found confidence and a full-time job with a reputable company. I feel like there are endless opportunities for me now and I have a bright future ahead of me with a challenging and rewarding career. Wills College was one of the best decisions of my life.
I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking to make a difference in their lives.”
~Laura Willey, Client Service Specialist, Revera Home Health
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.