48 Weeks in Ottawa, Smiths Falls, and Arnprior
About this Business Administration Diploma Program with co-op
This Executive Business Administration diploma is our flagship business program where you acquire business skills and knowledge for today’s dynamic global economy. Graduates find a wide base of employment, based on their previous experience and education. The majority of our students are adults who are looking to obtain skills to start, advance, or transition their career.
Success in today’s business world depends on having capable, well-rounded employees who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges. The Willis College Executive Business Administration diploma program provides students with some of the best business/human resource management and accounting training in Ottawa.
Lion’s Den Projects – Entrepreneurial spirit at its best
During your business management semester, you team up with other students to present your business ventures to a panel of judges from community, business, government and financial sectors. Throughout the seven weeks, you acquire and build skills such as: Project Management, Canadian Business Management and Marketing. These skills are put to the test when your team presents at the Lion’s Den.
Is this Business Program right for you?
- This Business Administration course is an excellent fit for:
someone who works well in a team atmosphere, is detail-oriented, excels at problem-solving, and is passionate about leadership.
- a mature student with previous job experience, looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills relevant to today’s job market.
- a recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand business field.
- someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in business.
- someone looking for hands-on accounting/business & human resource management training.
Business Administration Courses
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Communications I, II, & III
- Business Office Procedures
Financial Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting I & II
- QuickBooks with Payroll
Simply Accounting with Payroll
- Human Resources Management
- Business Law
- Project Management
- 6 week co-op
The Co-op Advantage: 6 weeks
- Get on the job experience before you even graduate
- Great networking opportunities for potential hiring after graduation
- Potential job references to add to your resume
- Smooth transition into the job market
- Willis College will find you a co-op* in this program
*Providing you have met all academic and financial obligations four (4) weeks prior to commencement of placement
Successful graduates of this business administration course may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Executive Assistant
- Human Resources and Recruitment Officer
- Administrative Officer
- Purchasing Agents and Officer
- Supervisor, General Office and Administrative Support Worker
- Accounting and Related Clerk
- Office Support Worker
- Administrative Clerk
Banking, Insurance & Other Financial Clerks
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for this program include: 1221, 1222, 1211, 1225, 1433, 1441, 1241, 1411, 1431, 1434
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
- Personal e-mail with backup storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
Grade 12 (Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and to explore if this is the right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid, and more! Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
“I chose Willis College to further my education and career. It seemed like a natural choice because my grandmother graduated from Willis many years ago and she’s had a prosperous and challenging career in the same field of interest: office administration. I followed in her footsteps and I haven’t regretted it since! I gained valuable skills and began my new career as an Administrator. Within a short amount of time I was promoted to a managerial position. I decided to send my two daughters to Willis as well after they completed high school, making it now three generations of my family to graduate from Willis College and take on stimulating careers. I highly recommend Willis College! ”
~Julie Lamarche, Willis College Business Graduate, Business Administrator, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, Chalk River
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.