48 Weeks in Ottawa
About this Advanced Network Security Professional Diploma Program with co-op
Cybersecurity threats are escalating at an alarming rate. Thousands of state and economic sponsored campaigns threaten millions of Canadians daily. The Cybersecurity skills shortages have reached critical point and it’s time to take action. Canada will need 216,000 positions filled by 2021. A new joint afford in collaboration with government, industry and academia is here.
Willis Cybersecurity Academy
Willis College has taken the lead addressing the critical Cybersecurity and Network Security skills shortage by establishing Willis Cybersecurity Academy. The academy is equipped with our partner’s state-of-the art network devices and uses an industry standard curriculum taught by our professional instructors. All of this combines to provide a comprehensive offensive and defensive cybersecurity training environment. Graduates of this program go on to work for leading corporations like Sophos, Check Point, Fortinet, Bell Canada, the public sector, and other leading organizations.
Employers and Industry are saying
“Willis College NSP and ANSP graduates are amazing. They’re smart, trained, energetic and engaged. They’ve made an immediate impact on both the business and the culture of the office. I couldn’t be more pleased. We are going to continue hire as many Willis College graduates as possible”
– Michael Anderson, Senior Vice-president, Sophos
Get Industry Certifications in Just 48 Weeks
The Advanced Network Security Professional gives students the opportunity to combine business skills training with technical skills training on state-of-the-art facilities and labs. This innovative approach to education sets Willis College graduates apart and prepares them for lucrative careers. Industry certifications exams, allowing them to successfully complete the following industry certifications and designations:
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft: MCTS and MCP
- CISCO: CCNA- Routing and Switches
- CISCO: CCNA – Security
- Fortinet: FCNSA
Is this Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- someone who is serious about pursuing or advancing their career in the network cyber security field.
- an individual who has previous IT experience in Windows and Networking.
- a recent post-secondary graduate looking for lucrative and in demand careers.
- anyone wanting hands-on skills training.
Advanced Network Security Professional Course List
- Practicum Placement
- Business IT Skills I & II
- CompTIA Network+
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Cisco CCNA – Routing & Switching
- Cisco CCNA – Security
- Sophos Security I & Lab
- Fortinet Security I & Lab
- Technology Labs I, II & III
- Career Management
- Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
Cyber IT Security Specialist
- Professional Services Engineer
- Technical Account Manager
- Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst
- Integration Manager
- Sales Engineer
- Escalation Engineer
- Informatics Security Consultant
- Account Manager, IT Consulting
- Network Security Specialist
- IT Specialist
- Security Technical Representative
- Security Engineer Professional
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cybersecurity Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- You receive laptops, software, and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
Applicant must possess ONE of the following:
1. An Undergraduate Degree preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Business + an entrance test based on Windows and Networking
2. An IT College Diploma preferably in Computer Science, Business or Science + an entrance test based on Windows and Networking
3. Current resume with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in
a) Networking and IT support and administration
b) IT Project Management, Business Development or related
+ an entrance test + Mature Entrance test (if one cannot produce an Ontario High School Diploma or equivalency)
Are you Canadian Veteran, Is Willis College right for you? Click here: I’m right
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and to explore if this is the right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid, and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.