48 Weeks in Ottawa, Arnprior and, Smiths Falls
About the Network Security Professional Diploma Program
Cyber security threats are escalating at an alarming rate. Thousands of state and economic sponsored campaigns threaten millions of Canadians daily. The Cyber Security skills shortages have reached critical point and it’s time to take action. Canada will need 216,000 positions filled by 2021. A new joint afford in collaboration with government, industry and academia is here.
Willis Cybersecurity Academy
Willis College has taken the lead addressing the critical Cyber Security and Network Security skills shortage by establishing Willis Cybersecurity Academy. The academy is equipped with our partner’s state-of-the art network devices and uses an industry standard curriculum taught by our professional instructors. All of this combines to provide a comprehensive offensive and defensive cybersecurity training environment. Graduates of this program go on to work for leading corporations like Sophos, Check Point, Fortinet, Bell Canada, the public sector, and other leading organizations.
Employers and Industry are saying
“Willis College NSP and ANSP graduates are amazing. They’re smart, trained, energetic and engaged. They’ve made an immediate impact on both the business and the culture of the office. I couldn’t be more pleased. We are going to continue hire as many Willis College graduates as possible”
– Michael Anderson, Senior Vice-president, Sophos
“Creating a cyber security digital advantage is an important step in positioning Canadian businesses in the global economy,”
said Namir Anani, President & CEO of the Information and Communications Technology Council. (I.C.T.C.)
“This targeted industry training is a concrete approach for building the skills and talent pool in a fast evolving digital space, where job growth has outpaced the overall economy by 4 to 1 in recent years.”
Read More about how Willis College is “Bridging the Gap” in the IT market:
Fortinet Expanding Ottawa Support Centre, Ottawa Business Journal, March 27, 2013
Canada Job Grant- Toronto Sun, July 27 2013.
Willis College, ICTC forge alliance on ICT skills gap, September 30, 2013
Is this Network Security Professional Diploma Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for someone who:
- Looking to leverage your transferable skills by combining them with new in demand IT Network Security skills and re-enter the workforce in a new career.
- wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in IT.
- does not have any previous IT training or knowledge.
- is detail-oriented, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about computers.
- wants to start a career or a second career in IT.
- wants IT training from hands on skills-driven courses.
Network Security Professional Diploma Course List
- Business IT Skills I & II
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification
- MS Windows 10
- MS Server 2012
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- MS AZURE Fundamentals
- Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Cisco CCNA – Routing & Switching
- Sophos & Fortinet Security I and Labs
- Internetworking Technology Labs & Certification Preparation
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Network Security Specialist
- IT Security Engineer
- Network Security Operations
- 1st Level Support Engineer
- Fortinet Certified Network Security Associate
- Security Technical Representative
- Security Network Administrator
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for this Program Include: 2281, 2282
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- You receive laptops, software, and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing an entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and explore if this is right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid, and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
See what graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.