48 Weeks in Ottawa, Arnprior and Smiths Falls
About This Network Administrator Program
Get Industry Certified by Fortinet, Microsoft, Cisco & CompTIA and get Practical IT Training skills to Pursue a Successful Career as a Network Security Professional.
The Network Security Professional diploma program is a first of its kind in the Ottawa Carleton Region, and offers practical, hands on IT training through our partnership with Fortinet. Willis College is setting a new precedence in career skills training with Fortinet in Ottawa, a Fortune 500 company. Working side by side with Fortinet, together we have developed a registered IT training and network administrator college diploma program right here in Ottawa. Students get hands on experience in our Ottawa campus Fortinet lab hardware and applications, industry leading certifications from Fortinet, training for the CompTIA and CCNA certifications – among many others – and an exclusive job interview with Fortinet Ottawa and other leading security companies such as Check Point, Nova Networks and more.
“It is so fantastic to see a private-sector partnership between a cutting-edge employer and a successful private career college solving problems — taking Canadians who are unemployed or under-employed and providing them with relevant skills training in a timely way that leads directly to a first-rate job. That’s about as good as it gets.” – Honourable Minister Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Multiculturalism at Willis college and Fortinet press conference, December 4th, 2013.
Get Industry Certifications in Just 48 Weeks
The Advanced Network Security Professional gives students the opportunity to train on state-of-the-art Fortinet equipment in our Ottawa lab. This training prepares students for essential network administrator exams, allowing them to successfully complete the following industry certifications and designations:
- CompTIA: A+ and Network+
- Microsoft: MCTS and MCP
- CISCO: CCNA
- Fortinet: FCNSA
Learn About Our IT and Network Administrator Courses
To learn more about the career opportunities in network administration and explore if this Ottawa IT training is right for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, call the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
Certifications Included: A+, Network +, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA, FCNSA
About IT Industry Recognized Certifications and Designations
CompTIA (A+, Network +) certifications are international industry credentials that validate knowledge of computer service technicians gained through IT training and network administrator courses with the equivalent of 500 hours of hands-on experience. Major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers accept CompTIA certifications as the standard in foundation-level, vendor-neutral certification for service technicians. Earning CompTIA certifications prove that a candidate has a broad base of knowledge and competency in core hardware and operation system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
Get certified by Microsoft and prove you have the core technical skills required to build a sustainable career in IT. The majority of IT hiring managers use certifications as criteria for hiring. The MCP and MCTS certifications are designed to make it easy for hiring managers to identify candidates who have already gained a minimum set of skills on core technologies. While the MCSA certification validates the core technical skills that are important early in your career, those core skills continue to be valuable even as you move on to specialize in a certain solution area.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification program for entry-level network engineers helps maximize your investment in foundational networking knowledge and increase the value of your employer’s network. This is essential for most network administration careers and proves that you have knowledge in CISCO network security. Topics include: connecting to a WAN; implementing network security; network types; network media; routing and switching fundamentals. The CCNA Routing and Switching validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks.
The Fortinet Certified Network Security Administrator (FCNSA) certifies that individuals have the expertise necessary to manage the day-to-day operations of FortiGate devices in support of specific corporate policies. This certification not only enriches your professional development, but it also offers many benefits to an organization by providing a reliable benchmark to evaluate skills and knowledge.
Get Hired as a Network Administrator Fast
91% of hiring managers consider certifications as part of their hiring criteria.
~ Microsoft, Microsoft Certification Program Satisfaction Study, April 2012
89% of IT managers say that IT certifications help confirm subject matter knowledge and expertise
86% of hiring managers indicate IT certifications are a high or medium priority during the candidate evaluation process
80% if IT managers believe effective training is critical to the success of a project
~ IDC MarketScape, Worldwide IT Education and Training 2012 Vendor Analysis, Feb. 2012.
Is this Network Administrator Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for someone who:
- wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in IT
- does not have any previous IT training or knowledge
- is detail-oriented, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about computers
- wants to start a career or to start a second career in IT
- wants IT training from hands on skills-driven network administrator courses
Read More about how Willis College is “Bridging the Gap” in the IT market:
Network Administrator Course List
- CompTIA A+ and Network + Certification
- MS Windows 7 & 8.1
- MS Server 2012
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Help Desk Reporting & Documentation Techniques
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012
- Directory Domain Services
- Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Fortinet – FCNSA Certification
- Internetworking Technology Labs & Certification Preparation
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Network Security Specialist
- LAN Administrator
- LAN Manager
- IT Specialist
- Network Specialist
- Network Technician
- Systems Administrator
- Help Desk Support Specialist
- Network Administrator
- PC Support Technician
- Fortinet Certified Network Security Associate
- Security Technical Representative
- Security Network Administrator
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes for this Program Include: 2281, 2282
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 120 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age) you can gain admittance by writing an entrance assessment test. Note: Students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
“Willis College graduates join us with strong technical skills, professional communication skills and great attitudes. They have proven to be a great fit for our fast-paced, highly technical environment because of the excellent training these graduates receive at Willis, they’re immediately able to add real value to our organization… We look forward to building on our strong relationship with Willis College, hiring many more graduates as soon as they graduate, to offer the local community opportunities for high quality technical training and great jobs in a fast-growing industry.”
~ Michael Anderson, Vice-President of Global Services and Support, Fortinet
See what graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.