We are currently seeking a part-time instructor within our Pharmacy Assistant program. The program is currently being delivered online via Zoom with lab components occurring at the school.
THE ROLE: Under the general direction from Management, the Instructor will be:
- Highly motivated and qualified Instructor for full time teaching position
- Extensive experience in all aspects of pharmacy assisting
- Plan and implement a program of instruction that adheres to the philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted course study
- Provide motivating and engaging online courses using Zoom
- Provide effective teaching strategies and maximize time on tasks. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies for adult learners
- Report any student failures, provide progress reports and update course marks in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional and Ethical Behaviour – Demonstrates integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and responsibility in all interactions. Possesses high ethical standards and an honest, open, and consistent approach to working with peers, employees, and staff. Completes what he/she commits to doing.
- Communications Skills – Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal, and written and expresses thoughts in an organized, concise manner. Actively listens to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support. Develops and delivers effective presentations. Has the ability to present information and ideas to diverse groups
- Market Knowledge – Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in his/her field and is committed to continuous learning; one that is self‐motivated and self‐ directed, being able to work independently with sense of urgency to task completion.
- Organizationally Astute – Is diplomatic and tactful; non-confrontational; recognizes internal and external sensitivities; has an intuitive ability to read the political implications of recommendations and actions; uses sound judgment.
- Analytical and Problem‐Solving Skills – Consults appropriately; thoroughly collects data, and analyzes problem in context of organizational goals; uses sound judgment, builds consensus, makes independent decisions appropriately; implements solutions appropriately.
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial Approach – Seeks out possibilities, develops new ideas, and effectively moves them forward. Is creative, innovative and takes advantage of opportunities, while recognizing the necessity of working with limited resources and in alignment with the strategic directions of the College.
- Energetic & Adaptable – Is prepared to take on longer-term initiatives and does so with enthusiasm; ability to adapt to new and changing situations; able to alter course/direction when necessary; enjoys and embraces new challenges. Flexible; able to deal with the demands of the position effectively
· Pharmacy Assistant (with diploma), Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist
· Minimum 2 years experience working in a pharmacy
· Proficient in Kroll, Compounding and Inventory Management
· Previous teaching experience is considered an asset
· Demonstrated leadership skills including supervision, motivation and facilitation preferred
· Superior communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role
· Must reside in Ottawa
- $25-$30/hour, hourly rate is based on an individual base of professional and adult teaching experience, and education and certifications
- Part-time – 20 per week
- Monday – Friday, 8am until 12 pm, excluding all statutory holidays
- Professional Development: Privileges to access other learning courses and materials
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply.
Willis College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A criminal record and social media check will be conducted.