Personal Career Training
The Willis College Career Services team provides career training that is unique among career colleges in Ottawa to assists students and graduates in finding COOP placements and secure jobs in their field of study by working with employers to match the right person with the right position. Willis College has an impeccable reputation with local employers and is a shining example of personal career training by a private college. Over many years, these relationships have been established and are continuously growing to create even more opportunities for our graduating students to become top employees. Through these connections we can accurately adapt our career college programs to labour market trends and most importantly we can connect our students and grads to their dream career. We are one of the only private colleges in Ottawa to offer this kind of one-on-one career training.
How a Placement Coordinator can Help:
- Personalized one-on-one career training to develop an effective and focused resume to reach your employment goals
- Workshops discussing the latest effective job search techniques, pre-interview preparation, current labour market trends, and career possibilities
- Job placement assistance to gain valuable practical real-life work skills
- Facilitate on-going campus connections with employers to provide job opportunities
Benefits of Hiring Willis Graduates:
- Willis programs offer practical, hands-on, instructor-led training with comprehensive up-to-date curriculum
- Many programs offer industry certification as an indicator of high standards of graduates
- Many graduates have real-world co-op work placement experience upon graduation
- Willis graduates are adult learners and have many years of practical and transferable skills
Key Performance Indicators for Private Career Colleges
KPIs show how graduates have fared after graduating from PCC vocational programs. They help future students make more informed decisions about their postsecondary education and help institutions identify areas of strength and weakness and opportunities for improvement.
For more information, here is a link: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/pepg/audiences/pcc/kpi.html