About the Program:
In this fast-track diploma program, in as little as 36 weeks, you can become a respected Networking Administrator Professional. Get industry certified by Microsoft & CompTIA and start a career in the sought-after field of computer networking. No other college in the Ottawa prepares you better than Willis College for obtaining your IT industry certifications, and with practical hands-on IT labs every day, you will get all the experience needed for today’s job market.
Certifications Included: A+, Network +, MCSA
Is this Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who is detail-oriented, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about computers
- A recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand IT field
- Someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in IT
- A mature student who has previous experience in the IT field looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant to today’s IT job market
About Industry Recognized Certifications and Designations
CompTIA (A+ and Network +) certifications are international industry credentials that validate knowledge of computer service technicians with the equivalent of 500 hours of hands-on experience. Major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers accept CompTIA certifications as the standard in foundation-level, vendor-neutral certification for service technicians. Earning CompTIA certifications prove that a candidate has a broad base of knowledge and competency in core hardware and operation system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
Get certified by Microsoft and prove you have the core technical skills required to build a sustainable career in IT. The majority of IT hiring managers use certifications as criteria for hiring. The MCSA certification is designed to make it easy for hiring managers to identify candidates who have already gained a minimum set of skills on core technologies. While the MCSA certification validates the core technical skills that are important early in your career, those core skills continue to be valuable even as you move on to specialize in a certain solution area.
Read More about how Willis College is “Bridging the Gap” in the IT market:
Program Course List
- CompTIA A + Certification Network Fundamentals
- CompTIA Network + Certification
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Help Desk Reporting & Documentation Techniques
- Windows Server 2008 Network Fundamentals
- Configuring & Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- Configuring & Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring & Troubleshooting Identity & Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Internetworking Technologies Labs
- Certification Preparation
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Information Systems Administrator
- Network Operations Analyst
- Network Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Help Desk Representative
- PC Support Technician
- Computer Technician and numerous other related services.
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes for this Program Include: 2281, 2282
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including
- 120 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age) you can gain admittance by writing an entrance assessment test. Note: Students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in IT and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, contact the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
“With the help of my employment counsellor and the staff at Willis, I was able to get into the Network Systems Administrator program. It’s a program that built on my existing skills and was able to help me get a job as a TAC engineer at Fortinet. Fortinet has the stability and work environment that I’m looking for. Just like with Willis, you have to work hard but it’s extremely rewarding.”
~Carrie Ann Alink, Network Systems Administrator
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.