About the Program:
Want a promising career in the IT field? Start a rewarding career as an IT networking professional in under a year! Careers in networking are in demand and growing. Our exclusive partnership with Fortinet, a fortune 500 company, offers students instant exposure to potential employment even before they graduate. The Network Systems IT Professional diploma program covers everything from computer essentials to advanced networking, desktop and server fundamentals, configuring and troubleshooting, active directory, and official Microsoft curriculum. Prepare for certifications by Microsoft, Cisco & CompTIA and get the experience you need to find that dream IT career you always wanted. Practical industry training and support makes Willis College the best choice for investing in an exciting IT career.
Certifications Included: A+, Network +, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA
Is this Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who is detail-oriented, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about computers
- A recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand IT field
- Someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in IT
- A mature student who has previous experience in the IT field looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant to today’s IT job market
About Industry Recognized Certifications and Designations
CompTIA (A+ and Network +) certifications are international industry credentials that validate knowledge of computer service technicians with the equivalent of 500 hours of hands-on experience. Major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers accept CompTIA certifications as the standard in foundation-level, vendor-neutral certification for service technicians. Earning CompTIA certifications prove that a candidate has a broad base of knowledge and competency in core hardware and operation system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
Get certified by Microsoft and prove you have the core technical skills required to build a sustainable career in IT. The majority of IT hiring managers use certifications as criteria for hiring. The MCSA and MCTS certifications are designed to make it easy for hiring managers to identify candidates who have already gained a minimum set of skills on core technologies. While the MCSA certification validates the core technical skills that are important early in your career, those core skills continue to be valuable even as you move on to specialize in a certain solution area.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification program for entry-level network engineers helps maximize your investment in foundational networking knowledge and increase the value of your employer’s network. This is essential for most network administration careers and proves that you have knowledge in CISCO network security. Topics include: connecting to a WAN; implementing network security; network types; network media; routing and switching fundamentals. The CCNA Routing and Switching validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks.
Program Course List
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network + Certification
- MS Windows 7 & 8
- MS Server 2008
- Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Network
- Help Desk Reporting & Documentation Techniques
- Configuring & Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- Configuring & Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring & Troubleshooting Identity & Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Planning & Implementing Windows Server 2008
- Implementing & Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- LAN Administrator
- LAN Manager
- IT Specialist
- Windows 2008 Designer
- Network Specialist
- Network Technician
- Systems Administrator
- Help Desk Support Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- PC Support Technician
- IT Integration Manager
- Management Information System (MIS) Manager
- Computer Support Technician
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes for this Program Include: 2281, 2282
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- Registered and Approved Diploma Programs
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Help with Government Security Clearance application
- Career Management Seminars
- Career Placement Services
- Willis College Exclusive Career Fairs
- Exclusive Partnerships with Employers looking to hire Willis graduates
- Professional standard textbooks and materials
- Access to MS IT Academy Benefits and book publishers online resources to support & supplement learning outside of class time
- Industry Certifications
- New Laptop for program use
- Personal Email Account and Backed-up File Storage
- Discount on Future Courses for Graduates
- Approved Tax Receipt for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age) you can gain admittance by writing an entrance assessment test. Note: Students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in IT and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, contact the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
“I’ve just recently been hired on with a major Network Security company, just 2 months after graduating from Willis, making the best money I’ve ever made in my life! Furthermore, thanks to the encouragement and positive motivation from the instructors, I have gained confidence in my skills and abilities. Seriously, if I can do it, so can anyone!”
~ Chris Magee, Willis College Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.