28 Weeks in Ottawa, Smiths Falls and Arnprior
About this Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant Diploma Program
Start a fast-track career in Bookkeeping and Payroll in only 28 weeks! If you are organized, focused, and detail-orientated, then a rewarding career in Bookkeeping and Payroll could be perfect for you. Training in Bookkeeping and Payroll can open a wide range of career opportunities. Finance professionals are employed in almost every industry from non-profit to high finance. The course material starts with the basics and moves to more advanced material covering Microsoft Office Applications, Financial and Managerial Accounting, Payroll, Business Communications, and Career Management. Whether you choose a career in payroll, accounting, bookkeeping or finance, Willis College trains you for future success.
Is this Program Right for you?
This diploma program provides you with well-rounded exposure to the professional business environment through Bookkeeping and Payroll courses that offer hands-on training. This training helps you develop practical business knowledge appropriate for a wide range of careers. With hands on, practical training through our Payroll and Bookkeeping courses, you are job ready the moment you graduate. This college diploma program contains Bookkeeping and Payroll courses, Simply Accounting, and QuickBooks software training.
If you are interested in pursuing a professional business career, and want to join the workforce with experience within a year, the Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant program from Willis College could be perfect for you.
This program is an excellent fit for:
- someone who works well with numbers, excels at problem-solving, and is detail-oriented.
- a mature student who has previous job experience looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant to today’s job market.
- a recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand business field.
- someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in business.
Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant Course List
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Communications I, II, & III
- Business Office Procedures
- Financial Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting I & II
- QuickBooks with Payroll
- Simply Accounting with Payroll
Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant Career Opportunities
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Administrative Officer
- Customer Services Representative – Financial Services
- Administrative Clerk
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- Payroll Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
The National Classification (NOC) codes for this program include: 1221, 1231, 1441, 1433, 1241, 1411, 1431, 1432
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- You receive laptops, software, and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
- Grade 12 (Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and to explore if this is the right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
“This Business Administration course is exceedingly diversified, which allows one to unleash hidden talent, or polish current knowledge and skills. This program delivers a substantial variety of opportunity, giving a recipient the confidence to seek employment. I am honoured to be part of the Willis College Alumni Family. ”
~Diane Anderson, Willis College Business Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.