48 Weeks in Ottawa and Arnprior
About this Addictions & Community Services Worker Diploma Program with co-op
About the Program
Are you a caring, compassionate person who wants to help others? Community Service Workers administer and implement a variety of social assistance programs and community services, and assist clients to deal with personal and social problems. They are employed by social service and government agencies, mental health agencies, group homes, shelters, substance abuse centres, school boards, correctional facilities and other establishments.
If so, then our Addictions and Community Services Worker with co-op diploma program might be right for you. Not only do we teach community services worker skills, we have added addictions training, to better prepare you in your new career.
Get Industry Certified
You will obtain certifications in:
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- First Aid/CPR with Red Cross
- 3 Additional Industry Certifications & Certificates which employers demand
Is this Addictions Community Services Worker Program Right for you?
This Addictions Community Services Worker program is an excellent fit for:
- someone who is caring, works well in a team atmosphere, and is passionate about helping others.
- a mature student who has previous job experience looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant in today’s job market.
- a recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand health field.
- someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in healthcare.
- someone seeking fast, hands-on skills training in addictions community services worker courses.
The ACSW Program
Business Applications & Communications
100 HOURS – 5 WEEKS
MS Windows & Outlook
Business Communications I – English Essentials I
160 HOURS – 8 WEEKS
• Fundamentals of Addiction
• Relapse Prevention and Recovery
COMMUNITY SERVICES FUNDAMENTALS
240 HOURS – 12 WEEKS
• Introduction to Social Welfare
• Introduction to Psychology
• Introduction to Sociology
• Family Development and Functions
• Populations At Risk
• Mental Health
CASE MANAGEMENT AND CLIENT SUPPORT
200 HOURS – 12 WEEKS
• Professional Documentation and Case Management
• Law for Service Workers
• Self-Care and Team Building
• Conflict Resolution Strategies
• Counselling Techniques
• Solution-Focused Intervention Techniques
INDUSTRY CERTIFICATION &
53 HOURS – 2.6 WEEKS
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
• CPR & First Aid, Level C Certification
• Career Management
PRACTICUM PLACEMENT (CO-OP)
320 HOURS – 8 WEEKS
• Willis College will place you in an organization
where you will be able to use a variety of skills
acquired in the program.
- MS Windows & Outlook – 1 Week
- MS Word – 2 Week
- MS PowerPoint – .6 Weeks
- Business Communications I- English Essentials – 1.4 Weeks
- Professional Documentation and Case Management – 1 Week
- Conflict Resolution Strategies – 2 Weeks
- Law For Service Workers – 1 Week
- Populations At Risk – 1 Week
- Self-Care And Team Building – 2 Weeks
- Introduction To Sociology – 3 Weeks
- Introduction To Social Welfair – 2 Weeks
- Introduction To Psychology – 2 Weeks
- Mental Health – 2 Weeks
- Family Development And Functions – 2 Weeks
- Counselling Techniques – 4 Weeks
- Solution-Focused Intervention Techniques – 2 Weeks
- Psychopharmacology – 2 Weeks
- Fundamentals Of Addiction – 4 Weeks
- Relapse Prevention And Recovery – 2 Weeks
- Industry Certifications – 2 Weeks
- Career Management – 9 Hours
- Practicum Placement Term – 8 Weeks
Addictions Community Services Workers work in personal support roles with youth and adults in a variety of social settings. The addictions community services worker courses offered in this program make you job ready the moment you graduate. Successful graduates of this program may pursue a variety of interesting positions, including:
- Addictions Worker
- Group Home Support Worker
- Community Services Worker
- Women’s Shelter Worker
- Corrections Facility Professional
- Youth Worker
- Women’s Centre Coordinator
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code for this program: 4212
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
- Grade 12 (Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Healthcare and to explore if this is the right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
“Over the last few years I pursued my passion for travel and discovery by working a contract in Afghanistan for our Military Personnel. Prior to working overseas I was a hairstylist for 25 years. When I came home in November with a renewed perspective on life, I realized that I really needed a change that would allow me to help out in my local community. I searched online to see what career path resonated with me and I discovered the CSW program at Willis College. They put me on the right path. I am a mature student and with the small class sizes you get a more personal experience with the instructor and staff. ”
~ Sharon Fitzpatrick, Willis Graduate, Community Service Worker
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.