Director of International Education
Willis College is an employment-oriented, student-focused college offering 26 different programs to students throughout Canada. With a proud history that dates to 1866, our courses are delivered via in-class learning at our campuses in Ottawa and Arnprior, Ontario and Winnipeg, Manitoba. We also proudly offer online learning through our fully internet-based campus, Willis College Online.
Willis College is seeking a Director of International Education. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of International Education will create an innovative and visionary strategy for Willis College’s International Education Division.
This newly created position is vital to the future growth of Willis College. It requires an experienced professional that can build a brand new division, and grow it exponentially year after year. The role is ideal for an individual familiar with the immigration and regulatory landscape, as well as the operations of a career college and/or a language school. This hardworking, entrepreneurial individual must have strong management skills and the ability to inspire and lead change through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, funders, partners, institutions, and recruitment agents.
The Director of International Education is responsible for planning, developing and implementing international enrollment management strategies, meeting enrollment targets, and leading program development goals.
The Director will utilize experience and market intelligence to identify programs with greatest potential for success in international markets. A significant function of this position is the coordination of international student services to ensure the highest quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
Agent and Recruitment Partner Management
- Develops an Agent Leadership Strategy which encourages strong recruitment efforts for Willis College
- Creates new agent and recruitment partner relationships to facilitate successful entry into new international source markets
- Leads the agent recruitment process, prepares Authorized Agent Agreements, facilitates agency signature, and deploys the agent onboarding process
- Guides the agent initiation process including receiving agent applications, completing agent reference checks, and offering agents Authorized Agent Agreements
- Maintains and develops strong working relationships with agents and recruitment partners through ongoing communication, reoccurring training, and timely responses to all inquiries
- Utilizes insights and subject matter expertise to continually monitor and make necessary improvements to the agent management process and all related forms to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
International Student Recruitment
- Develops and actively implements full-scope international recruitment strategies to ensure global enrollment, growth, retention, and diversity.
- Deploys marketing and recruitment efforts to meet or exceed international enrolment targets
- Understands the organizations’ enrollment management plan and aligns all international student recruitment and conversion tactics
- Meets with prospective students to answer questions, assist in identifying the best-fit program and to encourage them to apply to Willis College
- Employs various conversion tactics to encourage individuals to move through the process from international applicant to attending student
- Orchestrates institution wide discussions on which programs should be developed or targeted for international enrolment, utilizing experience and market intelligence to identify programs with greatest potential for success in international markets
- Accepts full accountability for the organization and logistics associated with participation in international recruitment events and is personally present for in-person interactions with prospective international students, agents, or recruitment partners
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Willis College programs and articulates the benefits and unique features of each to prospective students
- Maintains a high degree of awareness of recruitment tactics used by other post-secondary institutions and stays appraised of the evolving motivations for international students
- Pursues prospective student leads, generated during recruitment events, to encourage individuals to act toward becoming Willis College students
- Works closely with various members of the Marketing & Communications Team to create digital and print marketing materials to aid in international student recruitment
· Assists in the development and administration of annual budgets and recruitment goals.
- Collaborates with all areas of the college to provide and drive intercultural inclusive awareness training and support services.
- Ensures awareness of legislation and that the College has the necessary policies and procedures to support international students’ diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- Hosts global events to foster and support international students and communities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized educational institution in a relevant field
- 5-10 years related experience in the post-secondary education sector, related to international education
- Understanding of the international education sector, including awareness of student motivations, recruitment best practices, and emerging trends
- Understanding of immigration policies, issues, and services in the context education and settlement services
- Experience with language schools would be considered an asset
- Being a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC/RISIA) is considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in international recruitment, retention, performance management, and discipline and discharge where necessary
- Highly developed relationship and business development skills
- Excellent administrative, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to build business relationships based in trust and respect
- Strong sales acumen and a commitment to innovation
- Ability to travel locally, nationally, and internationally for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to achieve priority objectives within an environment of changing demands, requirements, and opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external communities and stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
Base of $90,000 to $105,000 annually (commensurate with education and experience), a generous performance bonus and an attractive health and benefits package
Job Type: Full-time