Summary of position:
The Dental Assisting Coordinator will work with campus team members and accreditation bodies to set up, coordinate and administer the Dental Assistant Program. This will include including developing, planning, organizing, leading, and guiding program activities and ensuring program alignment with regulatory body requirements.
Maintain and develop the program:
- Maintain and implement any necessary policies and protocols required to abide by specific guidelines set forth by the regulatory body.
- Evaluate and modify (if necessary) existing program outline, with entrance requirements courses, placements, textbooks, schedules.
- Ensure all current accreditation requirements are met.
- Ensure all NDAEB requirements are met.
- Collaborate on the Dental Assisting Program Submission for Willis College Manitoba
Plan the program:
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of Willis College and the Dental Assistant Program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Plan the on-site lab environment and secure equipment needs.
- Organize testing of equipment and lab to ensure all NDAEB and PCC requirements are met.
- Work with the community to form partnerships for the betterment of the program and the benefit of the students
Organize the program:
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of Willis College, the Department of Labour and Advanced Education, and the regulatory body.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards as set out by CDAC, NDEAB and the Manitoba Dental Association
- Use and develop forms and records to document and monitor program activities.
Lead the program:
- Establishes and maintains relationships with practicum clinics
- Establish and lead the Program Advisory Committee in and communicate with the Program Advisory Committee to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Assists with implementation and evaluation of programs and activities to ensure that the Advisory Committee functions in a manner consistent with accreditation standards.
- Liaise with other accredited institutions to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the program.
- Aid in implementing the Dental Assistant Program in other locations by providing guidance, syllabi, lesson plans, and any other duties and/or documentation relevant to this undertaking, and any other duties and/or documentation relevant to this undertaking.
- Contribute to maintaining the curriculum for the betterment of the program.
- Check inventory and order lab supplies as needed (overall budget of classroom to be discussed with Campus Director)
- Conduct curricula review, program development and textbook review.
- Maintain departmental files.
- Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Has or is working towards a baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Is a Registered/Licensed/Certified Dental Assistant.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience as a Registered/Licensed/Certified Dental Assistant or equivalent
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $27.00-$32.00 per hour