Willis College is actively seeking a Dental Assistant that is NDAEB and HARP certified to instruct our Dental Assisting students on a part time basis.
Schedule: Available to work 3 weekends every 3-4 months, 7 hours days for 35 hours total time.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to prepare the students to expose, process and mount intra-oral and extra-oral dental radiographic images according to HARP standards.
· The instructor will provide review of the basic physics and principles of radiography, safety precautions and the operation of the dental x-rays.
· Within the dental lab setting, will expose digital radiographic images using Paralleling and Bisecting techniques on radiography manikins.
· Training students on recognizing dental errors and solving problem situations, patient education and management.
· Teaching quality assurance procedures as well as observation of all safety protocols.
The successful candidate must be a Certified Dental Assistant, HARP certified with a current membership with the Ontario Dental Assistants Association with a minimum of 2 years of practical work experience working within a dental clinical setting. Previous teaching experience is considered an asset. Demonstrated leadership skills including supervision, motivation, and facilitation are preferred. Superior communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role.
· Hourly rate is based on professional and adult teaching experience, education and certifications
· Monday to Friday excluding all statutory holidays.
· Professional Development: Privileges to access other learning courses and materials
· NDAEB certificate
· Current ODAA membership
· Current First Aid/CPR/AED
· Up to date Immunization records
· 2 letters of reference
· Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We value a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply. Willis College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 per hour