Are you passionate about business? Are you interested in changing lives and shaping the minds of the leaders of tomorrow? Our flagship Executive Business Administration program is looking for a new instructor and we’re looking for an experienced individual to teach, inspire, and mentor.
The Business / Accounting Instructor is responsible for delivering course content in classroom and online when required, this includes, preparing, organizing and implementing course materials, using appropriate educational approaches and techniques: adult learning methodologies, multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process according to college standards.
Willis College is a professional development, educational institution providing skills training for experienced professionals and those starting a new career. A long outstanding history since 1866 serving in demand skills to the government, businesses, and technology organizations in the Ottawa Carleton region of eastern Ontario. We are consistently meeting the demands of the workforce by creating and offering highly sought-after programs that lead to meaningful careers.
- Project Management
- Business Management
- Strategic Web Design
- Digital Marketing
- Extensive experience in all aspects of business and accounting.
- Plan and implement a program of instruction that adheres to the philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted course study.
- Provide motivating and engaging course content to adult learners.
- Provide effective teaching strategies and maximize time on tasks. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies for adult learners.
- Base the evaluation of students on the guidelines established by the College.
- Ensure that the evaluation of students is appropriate.
- Keep accurate and complete records of student performance.
- Ensure all evaluation records are regularly updated.
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress.
- Report any student failures, provide progress reports, and update course marks in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The successful candidate will hold a diploma or degree in accounting, business, or commerce. Please note that preference will be given to candidates that have more formal training in accounting. Accounting designations are considered an asset but are not required.
The Business & Accounting Instructor will be required to teach in person at our Ottawa campus.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $25.00-$30.00 per hour