Except Personal Support Worker (PSW) and Massage Therapy (MT)
English is the language of instruction and examination at Willis College. You must demonstrate that you are sufficiently proficient in the language to follow a postsecondary academic program. We reserve the right to request the result of a language test at any time if necessary.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of adequate English for admission consideration, unless you meet one of the following exemptions.
- You can provide a certificate of completion from a recognized ESL School which demonstrates an equivalency of required English proficiency. (i.e. ESL school equivalent of IELTS 5.5 or 6)
- You have successfully completed a minimum of one year in a program offered in English at a Canadian College.
- You have completed a minimum of one year of postsecondary – or two years of secondary full-time academic study in an English language school located in a country where the dominant language is English. These countries include:
|American Samoa.||Jamaica||Sierra Leone|
|Antiqua & Barbuda||Kiribati||Solomon Islands|
|Bahamas||Liberia||St. Kitts and Nevis|
|Bermuda||Marshall Islands||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Eritrea||Nigeria||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Falkland Islands||Pakistan||Turks & Caicos Islands|
|Gambia||Papua New Guinea||United Kingdom|
|Gibraltar||Puerto Rico||Virgin Islands (British)|
|Grenada||Saint Helena||Virgin Islands (US)|
|Guam||Saint Kitts & Nevis||Zambia|
|Hong Kong||Saint Vincent & the Grenadines|
If you do not meet any of the exemptions listed above, you must provide evidence of meeting the minimum scores required below:
|All programs except PSW and MT
with no score below 5.0
|6||40||162||46 – 59||95||6||36|
Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate
If English is not your first language, you must meet the language proficiency requirements through one of the following tests. Please note the exceptions listed above do not apply to the PSW Certificate.
|Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate||6.0 with no score below 5.5
|60||80 with minimum score of 20 in each component|
Massage Therapy (MT) Diploma
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of adequate English by meeting one of the following:
- Completed formal education in an approved English language school which offers an approved program of study of three (3) years full-time study at the secondary or college level in a country where English is an official language or language of common use.
- Completed an approved standardized English test and achieved the scores indicated below.
|IELTS (GT or AC)||TOEFL (iBT)||Can Test||Mela Test|