JOB TITLE: Network Security Instructor
Willis College is a professional development, educational institution providing skills training for experienced professionals and those starting a new career.
A long outstanding history since 1896 serving in demand skills to the government, businesses, an technology organizations in the Ottawa Carleton region of eastern Ontario. We are consistently meeting the demands of the work force by creating and offering highly sought after programs that lead to meaningful careers.
Under the general direction from the Manager of Student Affairs and Services, the Instructor will be:
- Highly motivated and qualified IT Network Instructor for full time teaching position.
- Plan and implement a program of instruction that adheres to the philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted course study.
- Provide effective teaching strategies and maximize time on tasks. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Plan and prescribe purposeful lab assignments for students using information that is provided.
- Distribute and create exams for students using relevant information throughout the course.
- Report any student failures and progress reports and update course marks.
- Maintain interest and motivate students
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Engineering and or Technology/IT or equivalent combination of formal education and relevant work experience in an academic environment
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated technical experience with Microsoft products; Windows Server Windows Hyper-V; Windows 7/8, Active Directory user/group administration, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), DNS, IIS, IAS, RADIUS, terminal/remote desktop server technologies, Exchange Server 2010, Forefront, and software deployment tools and server hardware architecture.
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience with network LAN protocols, wireless communication protocols, VOIP and packet analysis.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with Cisco and other security switches and routers
- Certified by Industry Vendors: Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and others a definite asset
- Professional and Ethical Behaviour – Demonstrates integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and responsibility in all interactions. Possesses high ethical standards and an honest, open, and consistent approach to working with peers, employees, and staff. Completes what he/she commits to doing.
- Communications Skills – Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal, and written and expresses thoughts in an organized, concise manner. Actively listens to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support. Develops and delivers effective presentations. Has the ability to present information and ideas to diverse groups.
- Market Knowledge – Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in his/her field and is committed to continuous learning; one that is self‐motivated and self‐ directed, being able to work independently with sense of urgency to task completion.
- Organizationally Astute – Is diplomatic and tactful; non-confrontational; recognizes internal and external sensitivities; has an intuitive ability to read the political implications of recommendations and actions; uses sound judgment.
- Analytical and Problem‐Solving Skills – Consults appropriately; thoroughly collects data, and analyzes problem in context of organizational goals; uses sound judgment, builds consensus, makes independent decisions appropriately; implements solutions appropriately.
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial Approach – Seeks out possibilities, develops new ideas, and effectively moves them forward. Is creative, innovative and takes advantage of opportunities, while recognizing the necessity of working with limited resources and in alignment with the strategic directions of the College.
- Energetic & Adaptable – Is prepared to take on longer-term initiatives and does so with enthusiasm; ability to adapt to new and changing situations; able to alter course/direction when necessary; enjoys and embraces new challenges. Flexible; able to deal with stress effectively.
Full time position: 40 hours per week. 8am- 5pm / Part time position: 20 hours per week – 8am- 12pm or 1-5pm
Monday – Friday excluding all statutory holidays. Full Time position: 2 weeks holidays per year of employment including all statutory holidays and Good Friday. Part time position: as per Ontario Employment
Salary range $50K – $85K with excellent benefit package for full time position
Professional Development: Privileges to access other learning courses and materials
Benefit package for full time position: Health, Dental, LTD and AD&D