Job Title: Java Instructor
Willis College has a long outstanding history since 1896 serving in demand skills to the government, businesses, organizations and residents of the Ottawa Carleton region of eastern Ontario. We are consistently meeting the demands of the work force by creating and offering programs that lead to meaningful careers. Willis College offers a career-focused approach to skills training enabling graduates to start careers in business, technology and healthcare.
The candidate will teach students with no previous exposure to software development environment and introduce the fundamental concepts of logics, programming, and operating systems. Through constant brainstorming and hands-on coding tasks (using the Java programming language), students will progressively learn and reinforce standard industry software development principles and processes.
- Java/J2EE 6 – Must have hands on Coding
- Web service, SOA, SOAP/JAX-WS – Hands on Coding
- DB – Hands on Coding queries, indexes
- Strong knowledge about SVN
- Expertise in Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Batch & Spring JDBC
- Strong skills in Java programming Java Applets Web Programming Skills, Multimedia Content Development Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate), Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Strong background in OOP, UML, Object Oriented analysis and design (OOD)
- Application design tools/frameworks, e.g. Spring, Ant, Eclipse, etc.
- Experience with REST web services is a plus.
- Experience working in high performing development teams using Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools (eg. Jira, RedMine)
- Experience with various code versioning systems, such as Subversion or git
- Design and implement data models and data access layer for new product functionality
- Ability to multi-task and switch context to changing priorities in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stacks
- Experience in working with customer directly
- Having experience in Test Driven Development, Mobile Platform is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development; with at least 2 years of JEE development experience: EJBs, JSP/Servlets, JMS, Spring Framework
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Full time position: 40 hours per week. 8am- 5pm / Part time position: 20 hours per week – 8am- 12pm or 1-5pm
Monday – Friday excluding all statutory holidays. Full Time position: 2 weeks holidays per year of employment including all statutory holidays and Good Friday. Part time position: as per Ontario Employment
Salary range $50K – $85K with excellent benefit package for full time position
Professional Development: Privileges to access other learning courses and materials
Benefit package for full time position: Health, Dental, LTD and AD&D