Mobile Software Development Program – CO-OP
In-demand Diploma Program at Ottawa Campus
Admission in Progress
Diploma Program Length: 60 Weeks
53.4 weeks in Class + 6.6 weeks Co-op
About the NEW Mobile Software Developer Program
26 million Canadians – out of a total of 34.4 million – own a mobile device today. Mobile devices help us communicate, entertain, do business and banking, educate ourselves, and a whole host of other things on the move. All these devices require software to enable these different capabilities, and there is a shortage of software developers.
“Ottawa-Gatineau area would need to fill over 9,700 Information and Communication Technology (ICT) positions over the next five years.”
Software development is one of the fastest growing and evolving domains in the IT industry today. Every year, business competitiveness and the ongoing demand for bigger, better and faster services and applications ensures that there will always be a challenge and an advantage for those who position themselves on the leading-edge of technologies and tools.
Willis College’s Mobile Software Development Program will teach you the essential skills required to become a software developer and join this lucrative market. These skills are applicable to mobile software development and traditional desktop/server software development.
While multi-year programs compartmentalize subjects and go into great depths, this program trims content to progressively focus on the essential principles and tools for an entry-level software developer position. These principles are taught through practical examples, repeated in various scenarios, and used to give students a comparative view from which they learn insight and intuition – critical for the never-ending learning in software development.
In the Mobile Software Development program students will have a working knowledge and understanding of:
- use software development tools such as Android Studio
- create, debug, troubleshoot and maintain code and software systems
- effectively use the principles of Object-Oriented Design
- gather requirements and document them for a software project
- design software systems using traditional tools such as flow charting and pseudo code, and also using advanced tools such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Prototyping
- understand the primary concepts common to operating systems and the nature of development challenges in single threaded vs. multithreaded real time environments
- understand the role of digital and analog electronics in modern technologies
- develop solutions for mobile applications
- develop solutions for desktop/server applications
- manage projects and secure intellectual property
High School Graduation Diploma or Mature Student Status (18 years of age and academic achievement assessment passed). In addition, an entrance assessment must be successfully passed.
Careers include Web Programmer / Developer,
Application Programmer / Developer, Internet
Site Designer, Software Programmer / Developer,
Mobile Programmer / Developer, Database
Programmer / Developer, iPhone Programmer / Developer,
Android Programmer / Developer, BlackBerry
Programmer / Developer, and Window Phone
Programmer / Developer.
Note: Some career and education options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience.
MOBILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER COURSE LIST
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Programming I – Logics and Algorithms in Java
- Programming II – Data: Structures, Storage, and Processing
- Programming III – Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Communication Skills for IT Professionals
- Business Analyst Overview
- Gathering and Documenting Requirements
- HTML and Markup Languages
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Android App Development
- Software Development
- Career Management
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 150 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Ontario Average Wage ($/hr) – 35.90
- Ontario High W age ($/hr) – 50.00
National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for this program: 2174 (Source: jobbank.gc.ca)
Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in TECHNOLOGY and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, contact the campus :
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
” Through employment Ontario I discovered I was eligible for Second Career and then it began the search for the best college to attend. I had seen many schools and was disappointed at every meeting I attended. Then, I was told to try Willis College; when I came for my first visit, I knew instantly this is it. The employees were friendly, caring and full of knowledge; that day I left Willis College and without hesitation, called my second career counselor and informed them that I’ve made my decision. Here I am, a year later, proud and honoured to say I’m a Willis Graduate and part of the Willis College Family! ”
~Sandra Hajji, Willis College Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.