41 Weeks in Ottawa and Smiths Falls
About this Human Resources Program
Acquire two of the most sought after career skills and set yourself apart with a great, skills-oriented business college diploma through our human resources and payroll courses. Companies are always looking for competent Human Resources Assistants with bookkeeping and payroll expertise. The Willis College Human Resources with Payroll diploma program will give you the skills you need to get a job fast. Success in today’s business world depends on having capable, well-rounded employees who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges.
Your Introduction to Human Resources and Payroll
This diploma program provides students with well-rounded exposure to the professional business environment through human resources and payroll courses that offer hands-on training. This helps them develop practical business knowledge appropriate for a wide range of careers. With hands-on, practical training through our payroll and human resources courses, students are job ready the moment they graduate. This college diploma program contains courses in Human Resources, Bookkeeping and Payroll, Business Law, Simply Accounting and QuickBooks software training. This human resources and payroll program is 41 weeks and includes a guaranteed six week CO-OP experience.
If you’re interested in pursuing a professional business career and want to join the workforce with experience and within a year, the Human Resources with Payroll program from Willis College could be perfect for you.
Is this Human Resources Program Right for you?
The Human Resources and Payroll course is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who works well in a team atmosphere, excels at problem solving and is passionate about communications
- A mature student who has previous job experience looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant to today’s job market
- A recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand business field
- Someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in business
- Someone looking for a hands on, skills-oriented human resources and payroll course
Human Resources and Payroll Course List
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Business Communications
- Office Procedures
- Financial Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting I & II
- Payroll I & II
- QuickBooks with Payroll
- Simply Accounting with Payroll
- Human Resources Management
- Business Law
- 6 Week CO-OP
The COOP Advantage: 6 weeks
- On the job experience even before you graduate
- Great networking opportunities for potential hiring after graduation
- Practical skills training and development through payroll courses and human resources courses in Ottawa
- Work with real clients
- Potential job references to add to your resume
- Smooth transition into the job market
- Willis College will find you a CO-OP and is guaranteed in this program
Humans Resources and Payroll Career Opportunities
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including the following:
- Human Resources & Recruitment Officers
- Administrative Officers
- Accounting Technicians & bookkeepers
- Accounting & Related Clerks
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Clerks
- Banking, Insurance & Other Financial Clerks
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes for this program include: 1221, 1311, 1433, 1441, 1434, 1241, 1411, 1431, 1453, 1231, 1223
Willis College Student Benefits
- 120 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age) you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: Students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, contact the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
“ This Business Administration course is exceedingly diversified, which allows one to unleash hidden talent, or polish current knowledge and skills. This program delivers a substantial variety of opportunity, giving a recipient the confidence to seek employment. I am honored to be part of the Willis College Alumni Family. ”
~Diane Anderson, Willis College Business Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.