41 Weeks in Ottawa and Smiths Falls
About this Human Resources with Payroll Program
Acquire two of the most sought after career skills and set yourself apart with a great, skills-oriented business college diploma through our Human Resources and Payroll courses. Companies are always looking for competent Human Resources Assistants with bookkeeping and payroll expertise. The Willis College Human Resources with Payroll diploma program gives you the skills you need to get a job fast. Success in today’s business world depends on having capable, well-rounded employees who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges.
Is this Human Resources with Payroll Program Right for you?
The Human Resources and Payroll course is an excellent fit for:
- someone who works well in a team atmosphere, excels at problem solving, and is passionate about communications.
- a mature student with previous job experience looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills relevant to today’s job market.
- a recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand business field.
- someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in business.
- someone looking for a hands on, skills-oriented Human Resources and Payroll course.
Human Resources and Payroll Course List
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Communications
- Office Procedures
- Financial Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting I & II
- Payroll I & II
- QuickBooks with Payroll
- Simply Accounting with Payroll
- Human Resources Management
- Business Law
- 6 week co-op
The Co-op Advantage: 6 weeks
- On the job experience even before you graduate
- Great networking opportunities for potential hiring after graduation
- Practical skills training and development through payroll courses and human resources courses in Ottawa
- Work with real clients
- Potential job references to add to your resume
- Smooth transition into the job market
- Willis College will find you a co-op* in this program
*Providing you have met all academic and financial obligations four (4) weeks prior to commencement of placement
Human Resources and Payroll Career Opportunities
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including the following:
- Human Resources & Recruitment Officer
- Administrative Officer
- Accounting Technician & Bookkeeper
- Accounting & Related Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Clerk
- Banking, Insurance & Other Financial Clerks
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for this program include: 1221, 1311, 1433, 1441, 1434, 1241, 1411, 1431, 1453, 1231, 1223
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 151 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Postsecondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if you qualify.
- Industry recognized certifications.
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Access to the only Multivendor Cyber Security Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Access to Veteran Friendly Transition Program services for Canadian Veterans!
- You receive laptops, software, and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Centre on-site!
Personal e-mail with back-up storage.
- Approved tax receipts for 100% of tuition fees.
- Grade 12 (Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age), you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and to explore if this is right career training option for you, click here to fill out the Request Information Form to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid, and more!
Or, call us at 1-877-233-1128
“This Business Administration course is exceedingly diversified, which allows one to unleash hidden talent, or polish current knowledge and skills. This program delivers a substantial variety of opportunity, giving a recipient the confidence to seek employment. I am honoured to be part of the Willis College Alumni Family. ”
~Diane Anderson, Willis College Business Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.