Business Administration – Accounting and Business Management Specialist
35 weeks in Ottawa, Smiths Falls and Arnprior
About this Business Administration Program
Start a business administration career quickly and set yourself apart with a specialty in accounting and business management. If you are a decisive person who has a passion for numbers and excels in a teamwork environment, the Business Administration – Accounting & Business Management Specialist program at Willis College’s Ottawa, Smiths Falls and Arnprior campuses could be perfect for you.
Your Introduction to Business Administration and Accounting
You can graduate with a Business Administration – Accounting and Business Management Specialist diploma in only 35 weeks specializing in financial and managerial accounting principles, office administration, business communications, and business management and marketing. Whether you choose to work in an accounting department, a bookkeeping office, or in a business marketing department, Willis College’s Business Administration – Accounting & Business Management Specialist diploma gives you the business administration and accounting training you need to help you achieve your career goals.
Is this Business and Accounting Program Right for You?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who works well with numbers, excels at problem solving and is detail-oriented
- A mature student who has previous job experience looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant to today’s job market
- A recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand business field
- Someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in business
- Someone looking for hands on business administration and accounting training
Business Administration and Accounting Course List
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Business Communications I, II & III
- Business Office Procedures
- Financial Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting I & II
- Payroll I
- QuickBooks with Payroll
- Simply Accounting with Payroll
- Project Management
- Business Management
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- Supervisors, Office and Administrative Worker
- Banking, Insurance & Other Financial Clerks
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Officers
- Executive Assistant
- Supervisors, General Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Customer Service Representatives – Financial Services
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Codes for this program include: 1221, 1433, 1441, 1241, 1411, 1431, 1453
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 120 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age) you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: Students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, contact the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
“My experiences at Willis College have been life changing. In completing my program, I grew in many ways. My confidence increased and I was amazed of my capabilities that I didn’t recognize until I came to Willis. The atmosphere at Willis made me feel like I belonged to a large family; that we were all in it together to succeed. Hats off to the staff of Willis College because they work together as a team and everyone helps everyone. No one falls through the cracks. Thank you Willis College!”
~ Sharon Schwartz, Willis College Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.