Bookkeeping and Payroll Diploma
Become a Respected Finance Professional
Pursue a Successful Career in Office Administration with an Accounting Specialty in just 28 Weeks
About the Program
Start a fast-track career in Bookkeeping and Payroll in only 28 weeks! If you are organized, focused, and detail-orientated then a rewarding career in bookkeeping and payroll could be perfect for you. Training in Bookkeeping and Payroll can open a wide range of career opportunities. Finance professionals are employed in almost every industry from non-profit to high finance. Go from the basics to the more advanced material covering Microsoft Office Applications, Financial and Managerial Accounting, Payroll, Business Communications, and Career Management. Whether you choose a career in payroll, accounting, bookkeeping or finance, Willis College will train you for future success.
Is this Program Right for you?
This diploma program provides students with well-rounded exposure to the professional business environment through bookkeeping and payroll courses that offer hands-on training. This helps them develop practical business knowledge appropriate for a wide range of careers. With hands on, practical training through our payroll and bookkeeping courses, students are job ready the moment they graduate. This college diploma program contains Bookkeeping and Payroll courses, Simply Accounting and QuickBooks software training.
If you’re interested in pursuing a professional business career and want to join the workforce with experience and within a year, the Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant program from Willis College could be perfect for you.
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who works well with numbers, excels at problem solving and is detail-oriented
- A mature student who has previous job experience looking to enhance and develop new or existing skills that are relevant to today’s job market
- A recent graduate who wants to specialize in an emerging and in-demand business field
- Someone who wants to fast-track to a new and exciting career in business
Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant Course List
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Business Communications I, II & III
- Business Office Procedures
- Financial Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting I & II
- QuickBooks with Payroll
- Simply Accounting with Payroll
Bookkeeping Payroll Assistant Career Opportunities
Successful graduates of this program may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Administrative Officers
- Customer Services Representative – Financial Services
- Administrative Clerks
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- Payroll Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
The National Classification (NOC) Codes for this program include: 1221, 1231, 1441, 1433, 1241, 1411, 1431, 1432
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 120 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or GED equivalence
- Willis College Entrance Assessment. If you are a Mature Student (over 18 years of age) you can gain admittance by writing a free entrance assessment test. Note: Students with foreign credentials, regardless of whether their documents have been translated/compared or not, should be tested to establish literacy in the English language.
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in Business and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career stats, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, contact the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
“ This Business Administration course is exceedingly diversified, which allows one to unleash hidden talent, or polish current knowledge and skills. This program delivers a substantial variety of opportunity, giving a recipient the confidence to seek employment. I am honored to be part of the Willis College Alumni Family. ”
~Diane Anderson, Willis College Business Graduate
See what other graduates have to say about their Willis College experience here.
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.