Advanced Network Security Professional Diploma – CO-OP
48 Weeks in Ottawa
About the Program
“If you are looking for a job as an IT security professional and live in the Ottawa area, Willis College should be one of your first stops. The educational institution has partnered with Fortinet to give students the necessary skills to find a job in the growing field of network security.”
The Advanced Network Security Professional (ANSP) is Canada’s first employer driven, government approved and industry recognized diploma program leading to full-time, well-paying local jobs through hands on network administrator courses. The program was developed in partnership with leading Fortune 500 companies to address the skills shortage in Cyber Security in Ottawa and North America. Fortinet and SOPHOS in partnership with Willis College, have employed many Ottawa graduates of our network administrator courses, and intends to hire many more in the coming years.
Fast-Tracked Network Administrator Courses
Students will be trained and practice on Fortinet labs set up exclusively at the Willis College Ottawa campus. Since 2011, Fortinet has hired over 50 Willis College graduates from our existing Network Security Professional program and are planning to hire numerous additional ANSP graduates over the next four years. Check Point, another Fortune 500 company, has also partnered with Willis College and will also need numerous ANSP graduates. Bell Canada, CGI, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton and other companies are also in need of professionals with ANSP skills.
Get Industry Certifications in Just 48 Weeks
The Advanced Network Security Professional gives students the opportunity to train on state-of-the-art Fortinet equipment in our Ottawa lab. This training prepares students for essential network administrator exams, allowing them to successfully complete the following industry certifications and designations:
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft: MCTS and MCP
- CISCO: CCNA
- Fortinet: FCNSA
Is this Program Right for you?
This program is an excellent fit for:
- Someone who is serious about pursuing a career in the network cyber security field
- A mature individual who has previous IT experience in Windows
- A recent post-secondary graduate looking for lucrative and in demand careers
- Anyone wanting hands-on skills training in advanced network administrator courses
- Anyone interested in receiving their CompTIA certification and CCNA certification after just 48 weeks
Network Administrator Course List
- Practicum Placement Term
- Business Skills for IT Professional
- Communication Skills for IT Professional. Click here to learn more
- CompTIA Network +
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012
- Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Linux Intro
- Managing Fortinet Network Environments
- FortiGate Multi-Threat Security Systems I
- FortiGate Multi-Threat Security Systems II
- Internetworking Technology Labs & Certification Preparation
- Career Development Seminars
Successful graduates of this program – in partnership with Fortinet in Ottawa – may pursue a wide variety of interesting and rewarding professions, including:
- Cyber IT Security Specialist,
- Professional Services Engineers
- Technical Account Managers
- Management Information Systems Analyst (MIS)
- Integration Manager
- Sales Engineers
- Escalation Engineers
- Informatics Security Consultant
- Account Manager, IT (information technology) consulting
- Network Security Specialist
- IT Specialist
- Fortinet Certified Network Security Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Security Technical Representative
- Security Engineer Professional
- Security Network Administrator
“What’s the unemployment rate for a good cyber security person? Zero.”
Source: US Homeland Security’s Deputy Undersecretary for Cyber Security Mark Weatherford
IT security is and will continue to be a high-demand field for the foreseeable future***
According to the Outlook for Human Resources in the Information and Communications Technology (ICTC) Labour Market, 2008 to 2015 and Ontario Job Futures employment outlook, “Cyber security professionals are in very short supply and will continue to be a high-demand field for the foreseeable future”
See what Fortinet has to say about ANSP. Click here
91% of hiring managers consider certification as part of their hiring criteria.
Microsoft, Microsoft Certification Program Satisfaction Study, April 2012
89% of IT managers say that IT certifications help confirm subject matter knowledge and expertise
Willis College Student Benefits
Willis College offers a full range of services to assist students, including:
- 120 Years of Job Ready Skills Training Excellence!
- Post-secondary diploma programs with co-op placements for many programs!
- Frequent start dates!
- Many Financial Aid options available, if qualified
- Industry recognized certifications
- Certified and experienced instructors with practical experience!
- Exclusive partnerships with fortune 500 companies!
- Willis College hosts interviews with employers on campus before graduation!
- Help with Canadian Government Security Clearance application!
- Full Access to the only Fortinet Certified Lab in Canada, located on Campus!
- Students receive laptops, software and have access to exclusive labs during program!
- Career/Job preparation seminars!
- Pearson VUE Test Center on-site!
- Personal e-mail with back-up storage
- Discounts to those who decide to further their education with us
- Approved Tax Receipts for 100% of Tuition Fees
Applicant must possess ONE of the following:
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or Business with an IT/IS concentration
- An IT college diploma + an aptitude assessment
- Current resume with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT + an aptitude assessment. If you cannot produce an Ontario High School Diploma or equivalency, a mature student test will be required
International Student? Click here
Additional Information: Find Out More…
To learn more about the career opportunities in IT and explore if this is right career training option for you, fill out the Request Information Form at the top of this page to receive info on career statistics, courses, training options, financial aid and more!
Or to speak directly with an Admissions Consultant now, call the campus nearest you:
Ottawa Campus: 613-233-1128
Smiths Falls Campus: 613-283-1905
Arnprior Campus: 613-623-1114
*Please Note: Not all programs are offered on all campuses. Please contact the campus nearest you for program details.