Willis College Announces A Soldier’s Hero: Military Spouses Scholarship Program
As a part of its 150th anniversary celebrations, Willis College has created A Soldier’s Hero: a scholarship program for Canadian military spouses (the Scholarship).
The Scholarship was established to recognize the significant role played by military spouses in supporting our troops at home and abroad as well as to further empower them through education, as they integrate back into the labour market.
Six Scholarships will be awarded to qualified recipients over a period of six years. The Scholarship will be valued at a total of $150,000 (up to $25,000 each).
- A total of six (6) Scholarships will be awarded annually over a consecutive six-year period (2016- 2021) to qualified military spouses who require financial assistance to enroll in a Business, Technology or Healthcare Diploma Program from Willis College.
- The Scholarship is awarded annually to a qualified students selected by the Soldier’s Hero Board of Trustees Selection Committee.
- The Scholarship carries a total value, at the time of announcement, of $150,000 – or up to $25,000 each.
- The Scholarship provides tuition, books, industry certifications and use of labs at Willis College.
- The Scholarship is non-transferable and may only be applied to academic career programs at Willis College campuses in Arnprior, Smiths Falls or Ottawa.
- The student may attend courses during a 12-month period (starting in the year of the award date) according to Willis College’s course start dates.
- Interested candidates must apply by September 30th of each year.
- Further information is available at williscollege.com
Basis of Selection
The Selection Committee is looking for candidates with proven intellectual and academic ability, integrity of character, respect for fellow human beings, appreciation for education, and initiative to use their talents to the fullest. Candidates must also provide proof of being the spouse of member of the Canadian military.
Method of Selection
A Selection Committee, consisting of representatives of the A Soldier’s Hero Board of Trustees, will choose the successful candidate. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Method of Application
The completed application, with all the required information, must be mailed or email to:
By mail: Selection Committee A Soldier’s Hero Board of Trustees c/o Willis College of Business, Technology & Healthcare 85 O’Connor Street Ottawa, ON K1P 5M6
By email: email@example.com
The applicant must:
(i) Must be 19 years of age old or over.
(ii) Must successfully pass entrance requirements.
(iii) Provide proof of secondary or post-secondary education, including transcript of marks.
Payment of Award
The successful candidate will be presented with the award and a commemorative certificate at the A Soldier’s Hero Award Annual General Assembly.
About Willis College
Celebrating 150 years of Excellence Established in 1866, Willis College is Canada’s first regulated Career College. This year, Willis College is celebrating 150 years of excellence in education, a shining example of the strength and agility of career colleges in Canada. With over 150,000 graduates and an outstanding faculty, Willis College is proud to be a pipeline for producing some of Canada’s top talent. Complemented by our ground-breaking industry partnerships, we specialize in employer-led, job-ready skills training programs in business, technology and healthcare that are highly tuned to the demands of a global job market. With an unwavering commitment to our community, Willis College plays a vibrant role in the National Capital Region, with campuses in downtown Ottawa, Smiths Falls and Arnprior. To learn more about Willis College and our training programs, visit http://www.williscollege.com/scholarships
For media inquiries, and/or to arrange an interview with Rima Aristocrat, President and CEO of Willis College, please contact Ashley Clawson at 613-233-1128