Career Opportunity: College Campus Accountant, Ottawa
Willis College has a long outstanding history since 1866 serving in demand skills to the government and businesses in the Ottawa Carleton region of eastern Ontario. We are consistently meeting the demands of the work force by creating and offering highly sought after programs that lead to meaningful careers.
Under the direction from the Controller, you will perform and possess
- Review transactions and prepare accurate and complete journal entries
- Assist in performing month-end closing activities
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger
- Monthly balance sheet analysis & reconciliation
- Cash flow reporting, monitoring and analysis
- Budget & forecasting support for management
- Responding to inquiries
- Reviewing vendor invoices and statements for accuracy
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- Creating, tracking, and following up on purchase orders & inventory
- Ensuring the proper processing of documentation
- Creating and updating various tracking systems and spread sheets
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education/Experience – 3-5 years minimum finance experience and a diploma or degree from an accredited business administration, accounting, or finance program. Must be fluent with Sage 50, the Microsoft Office Suite and Payroll processing.
- Independent – You work well with little supervision, managing your time effectively while staying organized.
- Team player – You have an ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Focus – You can maintain accuracy and meet deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Communication – You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Ottawa Campus, 85 O’Connor Street, Ottawa ON
- Negotiable depending on experience
- Employee Benefit package: dental, Vision, Drug, Life
- Full time position: 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday
- Access curriculums, courses, resources, materials, libraries